Integrated Climate Adaptation Service Tools for Improving Resilience Measure Efficiency
The main objective of the CLARITY project is to demonstrate the benefit of climate services for the protection of vulnerable investments on a large scale, such as urban infrastructures. The intelligent use of existing climate knowledge can increase urban resilience and generate added value for both companies and society in general.
CLARITY focuses on increasing the resilience to climate change of infrastructure by providing:
- An operating ecosystem of climate services based on the cloud to calculate and present the expected effects of the hazards induced by climate change and amplified at the level of risk, vulnerability and impact functions...
- Practical means to include the effects of the dangers of Climate Change and the possible adaptation strategies and risk management in planning and implementation.
- Those responsible for making decisions will be authorized to carry out adaptation planning and risk reduction.
During the execution of the CLARITY project, four demonstration cases will be implemented in which the results obtained in the project will be carried out:
- Transport infrastructure in Spain (road and rail network): ACCIONA Construction will be in charge of the demonstrator, specifically on a section of the A-2 in the province of Guadalajara (Spain).
- Adaptation scenario for planning / design based on resilience at multiple scales in the metropolitan area of Naples, Italy.
- Demonstrator for urban heat islands in Linz, Austria.
- Strengthening of large-scale infrastructure in Stockholm, Sweden.
1/06/2017 – 31/05/2020
- ACCIONA Construcción (Spain)
- Atos Spain (Spain)
- Cismet GmbH (Germany)
- Sveriges Meteorologiska OCH Hydrologiska Institut (Sweden)
- Meteogrid (Spain)
- Zentralanstalt für Meteorologie und Geodynamik (Austria)
- Universita' Degli Studi Di Napoli Federico II - PLINIVS Centre (Italy)
- Stockholm Stad (Sweden)
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (Austria)
- Eureka Comunicazione Telematica srl (Italy)
- Municipality of Naples (Italy)
- Agencia Estatal de Meteorología (AEMET) (Spain)
- WSP Sverige AB (Sweden)
- Smart Cities Consulting GmbH (Austria)
- County Administrative Board of Jönköping (Sweden)
- Centro de Estudios y Experimentación de Obras Públicas (Spain)
- City of Linz (Austria)